Current available jobs in Technical Services:
NATIONAL HOT ROD ASSOCIATION
Reporting to the Senior Director of Technology, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining NHRA.com and other NHRA Drupal and PHP based sites.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Participating in the full life-cycle of software development, including requirements gathering, estimating, development, testing and support
• Maintain awareness of trends in the fields of: web-based technology (including ecommerce), IT security and object oriented programming.
• Ongoing Involvement in the larger Drupal community.
• Assist in improving on all existing Drupal products
• Work with internal and 3rd party teams to support existing applications
• Become a subject matter expert on all things Drupal as it relates to existing application development, new development and support
Related Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of work experience
Willingness to work in a team environment
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrated ability to get up to speed on new technologies and APIs quickly
Should be self-motivated and have the ability to break through technological hurdles with minimal supervision
Drupal SEO (Search Engine Optimization) programming
Leadership competencies in teamwork, initiative, innovation, and planning and organizing
Functional competencies in a wide variety of areas such as databases, reporting tools, and web development
Personal competencies in integrity, flexibility/adaptability, stress management, judgment/problem solving, analysis/problem assessment and judgment/problem solving
Experience with Microsoft .NET a Plus
Ability to work effectively with individuals from different viewpoints and backgrounds utilizing the basic Principles and teamwork in daily work activities
Drupal Skills Required:
• Experience working on multi-website Drupal installations
• Experience building custom modules and themes
• Experience with Drupal on a shared hosting or multiple website implementation, highly desirable.
• Active in the Community
• Experience with a wide range of PHP content management systems and MVC frameworks.
• Command line scripting experience with Perl or Bourne Shell or BASH.
• Strong relational database experience
• Experience with mySQL replication, backup, and query optimization.
• Experience with replication, backup, query optimization
Linux Skills Required:
• Experience with command Line/shell/Perl
In return, we offer a challenge-driven environment and a competitive benefit package that includes health insurance, paid vacation and sick pay, life insurance and a 401(k) Plan. E.O.E. For more information on NHRA and to apply for this position please visit our website at: www.nhra.com and go to the bottom of the page under “corporate/careers”.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What are your salary requirements?
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ