LUCAS OIL RACEWAY AT INDIANAPOLIS
Seasonal Ticket Marketing Coordinator
Join our team as a Seasonal Ticket Marketing Coordinator, working alongside the Lucas Oil Raceway Marketing and Operations staff, as we get ready for an exciting 2017 season.
At Lucas Oil Raceway, we host over 100 days of track activity between our famous ¼ mile drag strip and our 7/10 mile oval track. This year’s drag racing schedule includes popular events such as, two Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series events, the Ultimate Callout Challenge, Hot Rod Power Tour and the 63rd Annual Chevrolet Performance Parts U.S. Nationals, as well as many other exciting events. In addition, our oval track features a number of events, including USAC’s Carb Day Classic, as well as ARCA and CRA events. Our schedule continues to grow and we are looking forward to having a Seasonal Ticket Marketing Coordinator join our team as we kick off the 2017 season.
Lucas Oil Raceway is located at 10267 East U.S. Hwy 136, Indianapolis, IN 46234
Reports To: Ticketing Manager
Seasonal Temporary, $9/hour, 40 hrs/week (May – September 2017)
Our schedule is flexible with potential class schedules. General office hours are Monday –
Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5p.m. Due to the nature of our schedule and track activity, the Seasonal
Ticket Marketing Coordinator must be able to work overtime, event weekends and Summer
holidays throughout the entire event schedule (May – September)
- Performs all essential functions of the Lucas Oil Raceway Ticket & Marketing staff:
- Greets and assists all guests at the track, giving great service and going the extra mile every time
- Responsible for the determination of Ticketing & Parking staffing needs based on previous year’s and event historical data.
- Handles the scheduling and communication of schedule to the temporary ticket and parking employees.
- Contributes to the weekly event ticketing and parking reports, while supplementing the reports with historical data.
- Handles the set up and programming of the Ticketing (KIS) machines for each of the events.
- Assists the Ticketing Manager with post-event accounting process
- Responsible for assisting Lucas Oil Raceway in additional marketing & operational functions as determined by the LOR staff.
- Assists with answering all guest inquiries - in person, over the phone, via email and mail.
- Participates in weekly meetings to stay up to date with the on-goings of Lucas Oil Raceway
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy, timeliness and consistency in all work
P.O. Box 34300, 10267 East U.S. Hwy 136, Indianapolis, IN 46234
(317) 969 – 8600 (Fax) 291 – 4220 (www.lucasoilraceway.com)
- May assist Corporate Hospitality with on-site activities
- May assist Ticketing and Parking with Customer Sales on-site (Ticket Office and Phone)
- Cross-training opportunities in other areas of Lucas Oil Raceway
- May attend and participant in Lucas Oil Raceway events and learnings
- At least two-years of post-high school education (College, Technical School, Vocational Training)
- Ability to compile and analyze data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Confident presence when speaking in front of groups of people
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Creative and sales oriented to effectively sell Lucas Oil Raceway tickets and events.
- Able to provide great service with enthusiasm & energy throughout a work day/event.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including long work days, nights, weekends & holidays
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Passion for great service and great finance!
- High integrity and honesty
- Enjoys being around people
- High achievement: gets it done, done well, and done on time
- High energy and positivity
- Strong personal presence and charisma
- Strong service orientation
- Well organized, strong follow-through
- Timely and accurate
- Love of learning - interested in learning about motorsports, business, people, and
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Please tell us about yourself and why this seasonal position is of interest to you?
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ